Terahertz Gua Sha
The SKIN 65 Terahertz Gua Sha is the perfect at-home tool to accompany any skincare regime.
Terahertz is a powerful healing gemstone that increases blood circulation and stimulates metabolism and rejuvenation. The Terahertz stone enhances inner body energy and generates calming frequencies, promoting stress release which makes it ideal for any self-care rituals. Terahertz will remain cool to the touch, reducing inflammation and puffiness, making it the ideal material for any skincare tool.
Dating back centuries to Eastern medicine, the Gua Sha has quickly become a staple amongst at-home tolls for improving skin appearance and texture. Our vegan, cruelty-free Terahertz Gua Sha will improve the appearance of sagging skin, leaving a firmer complexion while reducing puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. Used on a regular basis, The SKIN 65 Terahertz Gua Sha will work towards retraining the fascial muscles by releasing tension and toning them, ultimately revealing a more sculpted, contoured complexion.
Used alongside your skincare routine products, the SKIN 65 Terahertz Gua Sha will also enhance the absorption of serums, creams or moisturisers by pressing the products deeper into your skin.
- releases tightness, tension and retrains fascial muscles
- sculps and contours complexion
- firms skin
- softens fine lines
- increases skin firmness
- reduces dark circles
- reduces puffiness and inflammation
While the gua sha is an ideal tool to reveal a more sculpted and contoured complexion, we recommend alternating between the SKIN 65 Terahertz Gua Sha and the SKIN 65 Terahertz Roller which aides lymphatic drainage.
After cleansing and applying your skincare routine, apply a moisturiser or face oil. It is important that the texture of the product allows the tool to glide over, without pulling or dragging the skin.
1. You will start with your neck by using the longer, flatter edge of the gua sha. Glide the gua sha on your skin by applying light pressure from the clavicle towards the jawline. Repeat this movement 5 times.
2. Use the heart-shaped edge of the gua sha to sculpt your jawline. Starting at the chin, glide the gua sha upwards towards the ears, applying light to medium pressure. Hold the skin on your chin with the opposite hand while doing so. Once you reach the ears, use the longer, flatter edge of the gua sha to make downward strokes on your neck towards the clavicle. Repeat this movement 5 times.
3. Use the longer, flatter edge of the gua sha underneath your cheekbone, starting at the corners of the mouth and moving upwards and outwards towards the ears. Hold the skin around the mouth with the opposite hand while doing so. Repeat this movement 5 times.
4. Use the heart-shaped edge of the gua sha on your cheek, starting at the nasolabial lines and moving upwards and outwards towards the temples. Hold the skin around the nasolabial lines with the opposite hand while doing so. Repeat this movement 5 times.
5. If you wish to work around the undereye, please remember this is a very sensitive area. Do not apply pressure and let the pressure of the stone do the work for you. Glide the longer, flatter edge of the gua sha from the inner corner of the undereye area upwards towards the temple while holding the skin around the nose with the opposite hand. Repeat this movement 3 times.
6. Repeat on the other side of the face.
7. For the forehead, use the long, flatter edge of the gua sha. Start between your eyebrows and move upwards towards the scalp. Repeat this movement 5 times in each area of the forehead.
8. Use the longer, flatter edge of the tool to drain the lymphatic fluid. Start between your eyebrows and move outwards towards the temple. Next, move the tool on your cheek upwards and outwards towards the temple. Once the two movements meet at the temple, move downwards on the side of the face, the neck, all the way down to the clavicle.
For best results, we recommend aiming to use the SKIN 65 Gua Sha at least 2 to 3 times a week. However, you should start with using the tool once a week to accustom your skin with the method. Depending on your skin type, you may start to increase frequency of treatments.
Use the heart-shaped size of the SKIN 65 Terahertz Gua Sha over the masseter muscle to release tension and pain in the jaw. Massage from the chin up towards the ears alongside the jaw bone while holding the side of the chin with the opposite hand. Repeat this movement 5 to 10 times. You may feel some knots and a slight discomfort due to the tension being released from the muscle. If you suffer from bruxism (teeth clinching), this technique will help you cope and improve your condition.